The weekend is here, YAY! There is just something about the feeling of a Friday that I love. We try to do a movie night or game night together as a family on Friday nights, which I honestly look forward to all week!
One thing that we have really tried to change in our lives is the way we spend money. I will be the first to admit that this has been harder for me than I anticipated. Over the past year, I have had to take a step back and re-evaluate the decisions that I make financially. We have cut back so much on unnecessary things and are continuing to learn new ways to save!
I have seen so many posts and articles about “No-Spend Weekends” and I thought it was such a great idea! There are so many amazing things that we can do as a family that cost nothing, from things at home to outdoor activities. I love nothing more than spending time with my little family so we decided to try it together! I wanted to share with you the list of things we came up with to do on the weekend that are FREE!
Have you ever tried a No-Spend Weekend? What are some of the things you did? I would love to add to my list!
- Go to the park
- Attend story time at the local library
- Take a walk on the beach
- Have a game night at home
- Catch up on your favorite shows
- De-clutter the house
- Try out a new library
- Take a ride and see someplace new
- Go for a hike
- Read a new book
- Paint your nails (we love doing this together!)
- Popcorn and a movie night
- DIY Lip Scrub
- Do a puzzle
- Play at a local playground
- Find a local craft fair or festival to go to and walk around
- Go through clothes and donate items
- Play at home
- Give the dogs a bath
- Take a bubble bath
- Just Relax and Un-Plug!! 🙂