Can you believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving?! I feel like time is just flying!
Do you have family coming over your house? Or maybe you are going to someone else’s house for a delicious meal! Whatever your plans are for the holiday, this wonderful day calls for lots of cooking and eating. I love trying new recipes and exploring in the kitchen.
Since I make a menu each week, you would think it would be a no-brainer for me to plan ahead when it comes to Thanksgiving! That however, is not the case haha! This year, Joey is working in the morning and then in the afternoon we are heading to our very close friends’ house close by and eating with their family! For a few years though, we hosted Friendsgiving at our house with some of our best friends and I did a lot of the cooking.
Each year I found myself, the day before Thanksgiving, driving Joey nuts by searching for recipes and new dishes to make! I have a feeling I am not alone in this! And you probably drive your significant other crazy too, making them go to the store with the tons of other people who still need to buy ingredients for their dinners!
I have a few recipes that I found that are easy, don’t call for too many ingredients and use things you may already have in your cabinets! So take a piece of paper and pen and jot down these wonderful sounding dishes to make tomorrow! What is your go-to last minute recipe? How do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Comment below or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org! xoxo
Check out my round-up of Thanksgiving desserts to try this year!
- 2 cans of whole kernel
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 stick butter
Green Bean Casserole
- The original recipe calls for you to make your own Crispy Fried Onions but I used French’s Crispy Fried Onions instead
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
7 Layer Bean Dip
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1- 16 oz container sour cream
- 1 large can of olives
- 1 or 2- 16 oz cans refried beans
- 3 ripe avocadoes
- 1 or 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 bunch green onions
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 5 or 6 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1- 10.5 oz package mini marshmallows
- 4 cups turkey drippings OR 4 cups turkey/chicken stock
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste